Did you know that air leakage can account for as much as 40% of heat loss? This is where SPF can help significantly. Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF) is an insulation and sealant like no other. It can form a continuous air barrier on walls, roofs, around corners, and on many surfaces in and around homes and buildings. It not only insulates, but seals gaps, and some foams can form a barrier against moisture and vapor. By eliminating hot and colds spots, SPF is an important component in creating a more comfortable and relaxed indoor environment.
Spray foam insulation is sprayed into the area to be insulated, resulting in complete and thorough coverage. It offers many benefits over traditional fiberglass and cellulose insulation, some of these include...
• Providing overall better insulation quality, can reduce energy bills an average of 50%
• Acts as a sound barrier; helps reduce sound travel from noisy areas such as media rooms and playrooms as well as noises from outside, including airplanes and vehicle traffic. Noises from plumbing pipes are also decreased.
• Resists mold, water and pests; moisture that enters your home though walls floors and ceilings is mostly carried in the air. Sealing your home or business with SPF helps protect against wood rot, moisture infiltration and mold growth.
• Reinforces the structure’s frame
• Fills hard to reach and irregular areas
* Helps people with allergies or asthma by keeping out external triggers such as; mold, dust, carbon monoxide, pollen and moisture.
There are two basic types of spray foam – open cell and closed cell. Open cell insulation expands up to 100 times larger when sprayed to completely fill the area, including gaps and crevices. This style of spray foam insulation is ideal for walls, basements and roofs/attics in residential and commercial spaces.
Closed cell is denser than open cell spray foam insulation and creates an air, moisture and vapor barrier. This spray foam material is perfect for industrial and agricultural properties. For more information on these two spray foam types, and recommendations about the ones that are best for your property, call our specialists.
Whichever style of spray foam insulation is right for your property, you can rely on the contractors at Michigan Spray Foam for correct and thorough installation. We are committed to providing 100% customer satisfaction and will not settle for less. Call today to learn more about the benefits and possibilities of insulating your home or business with SPF.
Rockford, MI 49341GET DIRECTIONS